Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Browsing the net anonymously

As you might know, I am a big supporter of anonymity - though I'm spreading my personal information and pictures all over the world. The idea is great, so I wanted to take you into one method for staying anonymous while browsing and distributing content: Tor.

I linked you the site for Tor Project from where you can download TorButton or TorBundle for Mozilla Firefox. Tor is a magnificent way to protect your identity, it works like multiple proxies. You cannot be basically tracked via your IP as Tor hides your real IP behind the varying amount of Tor servers and dummy servers.

As for example if I'd like to browse eg. 4chan anonymously I'm going to start Vidalia, which connects me to Tor-network. It will authenticate me through several servers and I'm done.


As you can see from the picture, I'm visiting the site called IP-Adress.com via proxy from the States.
You should never relay on Tor too much too. It isn't perfect - nothing ever will be.

As you now know how to browse web with Tor, you can also browse the Tor network: with TorButton, plugin which comes with Tor Bundle for Mozilla, you can have acces to .onion -sites. You can visit this anonymous network for free. But heed my words of warning, while browsing OnionNetwork, you may commit to a crime with just a one click, so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment